I’m here to tell you that i’m completely addicted to dry brushing.
Not talking about brushing your hair/teeth/whatever.
I’m talking about your bod.
Soooo. What the F is dry brushing anyway?
Deets on ALL the super awesome benefits:
- Removes dead skin (um, ew- no one wants dead skin)
- Gets rid of cellulite (yas, you heard right)
- Improves circulation
- Rejuvenates the nervous system
- Eliminates clogged pores (my favorite)
- Major energy boost!
Check out the exact directions on Mind Body Green
- Start on dry skin before bathing.
- Work in gentle circular, upward motions, then longer, smoother strokes.
- Always begin at the ankles in upwards movements towards the heart – the lymphatic fluid flows through the body towards the heart, so it’s important that you brush in the same direction.
- Your back is the only exception to the preceding rule; brush from the neck down to the lower back.
- After you’ve finished with the ankles, move up to the lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms. Be cautious of softer and sensitive skin around the chest and breasts, and never brush over inflamed skin, sores, sun-burnt skin, or skin cancer.
- Ensure you shower to wash away the dead skin cells and impurities.
- Tip: alternating temperatures in the shower from hot to cold will further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation, bring more blood to the outer layers of the skin.
- Then follow it up with a slick moisturizer to nourish the skin (check out my favorite moisturizers here)